Project Manager - Contracts
This professional position, within the busy Contracts Section, is responsible for managing multiple projects and contracts within Council’s annual $60-80M capital works program.
We seek an individual with degree qualifications in a relevant discipline and significant industry experience. You’ll have strong technical knowledge and hands-on project management experience. We’re looking for someone with sound contractual experience and who is a good communicator. You’ll be a motivated forward thinker, dedicated to driving improvements and value for money for the organisation.
We are seeking:
- Degree qualifications in Engineering, Procurement or relevant discipline and substantial technical experience and competence in a similar role
- High level of competence in Project Management and the ability to manage multi-discipline projects simultaneously; especially engineering projects
- High level of competence in Contract management including procurement risk assessment and management; tendering processes, assessment and evaluation; contract supervision and close out
- Ability to provide expert technical advice, review and supervision of contracts, engineering designs and construction methods for civil works, mechanical and electrical works, and building works
- Willingness to learn and adapt to various work environments
- Team player
What's on offer:
- An attractive base salary ranging from $83,466.76 per annum with competency based increments up to $96,061.05 per annum, plus 9.5% super
- 70 hour, 9 day fortnight
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance.
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, NSW, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Monday 20 January 2020 at 4.30pm sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address selection criteria, click here.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
- Degree qualifications in Engineering, Procurement or relevant discipline and substantial technical experience and competence in a similar role.
- Demonstrated competence in Project Management and the ability to manage multi-discipline projects simultaneously; especially engineering projects
- Demonstrated competence in Contract management including procurement risk assessment and management; tendering processes, assessment and evaluation; contract supervision and close out.
- Demonstrated technical and practical experience in Construction and Design of engineering infrastructure.
- Demonstrated competence/knowledge in Contract Law and Contractual arrangements.
Demonstrated understanding of current industry trends, best practice and priorities relating to Contracts Management.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including liaison and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated competence in managing multiple priorities to meet project and program management deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in acting as the Superintendents Representative within a contract environment.
- Current NSW Drivers Licence Class C or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in Local Government tendering and procurement practices
- WorkCover WHS Induction Training for Construction Work.
OFFICE USE ONLY